WWD Raffle Terms & Conditions
A designated representative of the Unitarian Universalist Church of Ellsworth (UUCE) will conduct the 2018 World Wide Dinner Raffle drawing at UUCE on Sunday, October 21, 2018. The person who purchased the selected raffle ticket (the “Winner”) will be notified by phone and/or email as provided on their ticket stub on Monday, October 22, 2018.
The Winner is entitled to two round-trip airline flights to and from any major international airport, dinner for two at the restaurant of his or her choice, and a two-night stay at a hotel for two, up to a total package value not to exceed $5,000 (the “Prize”).
The Winner will select the destination and restaurant. UUCE will work with the winner to select the airline and hotel. Extension of travel dates may be made at the Winner’s sole cost and expense. The Prize does not include bush flights or ground transportation, alcoholic beverages, or any other entertainment or services beyond those explicitly stated in these conditions. Total package value is not to exceed $5,000. The Winner must decide upon a destination, hotel and a restaurant by January 31, 2019. The Winner must use the Prize by October 21, 2019. All travel arrangements must be booked through UUCE or its designated representative. Blackout dates may apply.
- The Winner must be at least 21 years of age. The Winner may be required to provide proof of age acceptable to UUCE.
- The Winner will receive a W-2G form from UUCE, and the value of the Prize will be treated as ordinary income to the winner for federal and state income tax purposes. The Winner may be required to pre-pay a portion of the tax liability prior to receiving the Prize. If the winner is outside the U.S., the rate of tax is 30%.
- Prior to accepting the Prize, Winner may be required to provide to UUCE an IRS W-9 Form, a clear and readable photocopy of identification (such as a driver’s license or passport), social security number, and any other required forms. UUCE may require the completed documents, withholding tax payment, government-issued proof of identification and valid social security number before the Prize is released to the Winner. The Winner represents and warrants to UUCE that all information submitted with respect to receipt of the Prize is complete and accurate.
- UUCE is not liable for any loss, injury, death, accident, theft, illness, or other misfortune of any nature whatsoever incurred during this trip or resulting from it. By accepting airline tickets or any other portion of the Prize, the Winner releases UUCE, its employees, trustees, agents, and attorneys from any and all obligations to the Winner and any and all claims or causes of action that may exist against UUCE, known of unknown, as well as any such obligations, claims, or causes of action arising from the Winner’s acceptance of the Prize. UUCE makes no warranty whatsoever, express or implied, with respect to the Prize.
- The IRS takes the position that no portion of the ticket price will qualify as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes.
- Net proceeds will be applied to the religious organization of the UUCE and servicing the public benefit of the community by working toward the fulfillment of its mission.
- Tickets are $20.00 each and may be purchased by cash or personal check. Each ticket must list the purchaser’s name and either the purchaser’s telephone number or email address.
- Raffle tickets may not be deposited in the federal postal service; doing so is a violation of federal law and may lead to penalties.